Undergraduate Writing Center Services
Writing consultants are available to our students at no cost. Consultants are NNU trained, and able to assist with writing conventions, format, citation styles, and parts of the writing process (bibliographies, title pages, etc...). Consultants are trained to work with students to better their papers, not to edit or write a student’s papers.
Drop-In Writing Consulting
Drop-in writing consultations are available in the Leah Peterson Learning Commons during the following days and times:
Hours will not be held on campus breaks or holidays.
Schedule an Appointment
We offer both online and in-person tutoring sessions. Sign up for whichever platform works best for you!
1. To schedule a writing consultant, visitTutor Matching Service.
2. Create an account the first time you log in by selecting “Sign Up” in the upper right corner of the page. You may use your NNU email account.
3. Choose an NNU Writing Consultant.
4. Select “See Calendar” and then select "Book Now". Find the date and time you would like from the tutor’s availability.
5. If you don't see the "Book" button, please send the tutor a message to propose a date and time for your session. You may also ask questions of the tutor by using the “Send Message” button.
Afterward, please go back to TMS and rate your tutoring experience. We utilize this information to continuously improve our services. Our tutors work hard, and it is good to let others know when they have done a good job!